Circular No. 1 of 9 September 2020 The Guideline on Technical Interoperability
Circular No. 1 of 9 September 2020 defines the Guideline on Technical Interoperability with the aim of identifying the technologies and standards that public administrations (PA) must take into account when implementing their IT systems, in order to enable the IT coordination of data between administrations as well as between public service providers and private entities and the European Union. The Guideline on Technical Interoperability contributes to the definition of the PA Interoperability Model (ModI), in line with the new European Interoperability Framework (EIF) established by the European Commission in 2017.
The Guideline on Technical Interoperability:
- defines the methods of integration between PAs, and between PAs citizens and businesses;
- identifies the technological choices that favour the development of solutions to facilitate the use of data and digital services
- promotes the adoption of the “API first” approach to guarantee other actors, public and private, accessibility and maximum interoperability of digital data and services;
- favours technological standards that satisfy the need to secure interactions between PAs and between PAs, citizens and businesses;
- favours interaction between PAs and between PAs, citizens and businesses, through a Contract-First approach